Thursday, June 24, 2010

Wilma Myrtle Weber's Grave


Last night, Jordan, Lily and I visited my great-Aunt Wilma's grave in St. Joseph's cemetery located about 15 minutes south of Columbus. This is Grandma's sister that died at age 22 when she delivered pre-maturely.


It is a beautiful tombstone, a light pink with black specks set in a granite stone. Here it is shown; WILMA W. Even though her middle initial is M, I am assuming they put the initial of her maiden name, Wallen.


Interestingly enough, she is buried next to her huband of 18 months - Richard Lee Weber. He died 32 years later! With this discovery, I have many questions:

Did he re-marry?
Does he have any children?
What about the alleged claim that he got another pregnant when Wilma was pregnant?
Who paid for this beautiful stone?
What about the flag - did he serve in the military?


Lily and I paid our respects and felt a little closer to Grandma's sister. Who else has visisted this site, anyone?

1 comment:

  1. Hi. I saw your postings regarding Wilma and Richard Weber. I can answer all those questions you have and I sure have a few of my own. I am Richard's son, Mike Weber. aztextor@cox.net

    ReplyDelete